Protons, Neutrons, Electrons!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sure I've done this one before...

Ok, so, today I've been enjoying the FreeBSD Ports system. It's a very good package-management style system whereby you have a series of Makefiles on your system (/usr/ports) and you simply type "make build" and "make install" and it automatically downloads and compiles your selected program and it's dependencies. Nice.
Things however have gone a bit tits up and I think I've managed to break things a bit. The one thing I know from past experience with Linux not to go near is glibc. Now I personally didn't touch it, but now loads of programs are complaining that they can't find it and I really don't know how to solve that. I'll look about briefly but I think essentially I'm looking at a full re-install. Shame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home