Protons, Neutrons, Electrons!

Monday, February 20, 2006

FreeBSD

Two days ago I installed FreeBSD 6.0 on my computer. This is the second tim I've done it, but the first time I couldn't give it a decent chance because I was on dial-up and had no way to get a driver for my modem.
I found the installation process logical and quite painless because of the countless Linux installs I've done in the past. It took me a while to get the xorg.conf file configured correctly then just as long again once I installed the NVIDIA driver for my video card.
My next task is to activate my sound card and then I'm going to try to tweak my init settings file (which I believe is something like /etc/defaults/rc.conf, which is a difference system to what I'm used to).
I'm not going to post a screenshot for now because I'm using KDE which looks the same on FreeBSD as it does on Slackware...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home